Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Birthday weekend


Really? Another year older?! It was my 32nd on Monday. We celebrated by taking a mini vacation in Canmore and signed ourselves up for a Dog sledding trip while we were there. It took Max some time to 'warm up' to the idea. He was not thrilled at all as we stood in the cold for 1/2 an hour getting a bit of a tutorial on how to operate the sleds, commands for the dogs etc...I only half listened, trying to keep him entertained/warm and somewhat enthusiastic about getting in a cold sled and being pulled through the bush.

"This is NOT going to be fun", "I want to go home" oh and, "I want to go play in the sand!" were a few memorable quotes before we got going.

Once the lesson was over, we got bundled in our sled and he was much happier...no squeals of delight or anything like that, but when we finished he said he wanted to go again. We hit the pool in the afternoon, found a good spot for dinner and were all in bed by 7:30!



3 comments:

Mom said...

Happy, happy birthday my dear. What a wonderful way to celebrate. XOXO

Jackie McGrath said...

Happy Birthday Cheryl! And welcome back to blogging! I'm very excited to see pictures of your beautiful faces.

Nancy Oneschuk said...

WOW What a totally cool way to celebrate your Birthday. Happy belated Birthday pretty lady I hope it was great!!! P.S I missed your blogs too but with the move and all I am sure you were busy!!