Sunday, November 15, 2009

10 Honest Thoughts


Good old Kat was chosen by Ivy as an Honest Scrap award winner, well done dear friend! As an Honest Scrap award winner, Katrina must share 10 honest thoughts on her blog and then pass the award along to 7 other bloggers who then have to do the same. One of the 7, is moi. Oh Katrina, you are so good at forcing me to look inward, express myself and share it with the world. It was she that introduced me to this whole blogging phenomenon, inspiring me to find joy in the day to day and sharing it with friends and family. It took me awhile to get used to the idea of having snippets from the life of CLB posted for anyone to see but it has been such a wonderful creative outlet for me and a great way to document a really exciting time in our lives.
OK...perhaps I am stalling...I did a great amount of inner reflection over the last few days and I think I have come up with my 10...

1. I do enjoy saying a swear word of two, but I am trying to say them more sparingly these days, wouldn't it be sad if S--- was Max's first word!
2. It takes me forever to write an email and even longer to muster up a blog posting. I go over and over and over each sentence obsessively checking spelling, grammar etc. I am mortified if I see an error after the email has been sent or the blog has been posted.
3. I will not eat meat on the bone. Nor will I eat skin, innards, fat, slimy or crunchy bits of animal either.
4. I often burst into a fit of giggles in the most inappropriate places or they will become so out of control that I will have to leave the room to regain composure. Sooo awkward.
5. Not a fan of french kissing - eww squishy!
6. I like change.
7. I have an irritating need to correct people if they pronounce something incorrectly. Sorry! I just think, gosh if I kept saying a word wrong over and over, I would really want somebody to tell me.
8. Scary movies make me uncomfortable - you will never see me standing in line at Blockbuster with a copy of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, ever.
9. I have a heck of a time falling asleep after watching an evening's worth of HGTV shows. I get inspired and then can't help thinking about our house, what to work on next, what color to paint this and where to get that...
10. I am a homebody and can't think of anything better than snuggling up indoors with my two boys.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

LOVE IT CHERYL!!! I am so glad that Brooklyn gave me this address and that I get to share in a tiny bit of your day to day lives from accross the country!! I wish I could blog but am scared no one would read it LOL!! Oh well maybe one day. I too share in some of your top 10. The Spelling thing DRIVES ME NUTS TOO!! I like my MAC at home it corrects my spelling as I type...unless I use the wrong context it's not smart enough to catch that!! I check you blog often and am excited when you have posted something new. So keep it up girl!!!
Cheers

katrina lauren said...

you are too funny! i really enjoyed reading these. no. 5 cracked me up...squishy indeed! oh and i think that i have been corrected before too...i recall an 'enchilad' moment in college...er um...what i meant was nonchalant! couldn't let that one slide eh?
that was fun! thanks for sharing with the world my little clb!
k