Friday, November 13, 2009

Gag-er-iffic

It seems that someone is developing a charming gag reflex for anything that does not resemble sweet orange vegetables or fruit. This evening I began with zucchini, that did not go well. Then lentils mixed with potato and carrots, nope. Option #3 a jar of Heinz chicken dinner, I tasted it and I gagged! #4 was a mix of flavored cereal with a touch of applesauce, down the hatch...and right back up again...drama.

The menu options were running out, but fortunately I had one lonely jar of apples and apricots in the pantry which was polished off in mere minutes.


While I am glad that tonight our little one has gone to bed with a full belly...what the heck am I going to feed him tomorrow?!

2 comments:

Sebrina said...

Perhaps he's torturing you for all those needles he has had to endure over the past few months!

Nancy said...

OH MAN!!! Hey i found that Beachnut baby food (I could only find it at Superstore) tasted the best, even the chicken dinner type ones (I tried them too) And if you look at the ingredients is just chicken and carrots etc no additives like the Heinz ones. Dylan really seemed to like them, maybe give them a whirl??? Try beats too I was SHOCKED but Dylan loved them and would scarf them down in no time. I would buzz them in my Magic Bullet. Even try some with left over Turkey or Chicken mixed with a veggie. Then I would freeze them in ice cube trays he seemed to like them better then the boughten ones, but once he got older then would eat anything!!!